Best Bikes for College Students can be considered as the most budget efficient transportation system that can be used by students. Cycling also turns out to be a healthy habit keeping the students fit and active.
It also saves costs that are required in other types of fuel-consuming transports. Keeping these requirements in mind enlistment of several affordable and reliable bikes for college students has been done.
Table of Contents
- 1 Review Of Best Bikes For College Students
- 1.1 1. Brooklyn Lorimer
- 1.2 2. Jamis Allegro Sport
- 1.3 3. Specialized Alibi C Step-Through
- 1.4 4. Raleigh Redux 2
- 1.5 5. State Bicycle Co. The Keansburg
- 1.6 6. State Bicycle CO. Core Line
- 1.7 7. Marin Presidio 1
- 1.8 8. Civia Lowry Step-Thru 7-Speed
- 1.9 9. Haro Beasley 27.5
- 1.10 Conclusion
TABLE: List Of 10 Best College Bikes
Review Of Best Bikes For College Students
1. Brooklyn Lorimer
This bike is classified as a diverse runner bike, which is ideal for regular exercise. It is considered an entry-level mountain bike which is much more user-friendly than others. Moreover, this bike often comes under runner and hybrid bikes as it has a Shimano Acera 3×8 drivetrain.
- You do not need to worry about puncture because it has 700×32 mm puncture-resistant tires.
- Comfortability is Brooklyn’s Lorimer’s first priority where this cycle comes with a squishy and wide saddle that fits more easily to use.
- You can have an amazing united Shimano EZ Fire Plus shifter means you can easily shift the gear according to your requirements.
- The brake levers of this cycle are also much more flexible and you can easily handle it.
- You can have flat alloy pedals, comfy ergo grips, and a flat bar but you will not have any kickstand, fenders, and racks in this bike.
- In terms of budget, we can easily say that you will hardly find any quality bike like this at this affordable price.
- The diverse range of gear for different types of topography.
- You can have both fenders and racks.
- Brooklyn Lorimer provides exceptional quality customer care service.
- Weight: 27.1 lbs
- Price: $520
2. Jamis Allegro Sport
If you are searching for a high-end quality bike within a reasonable price then we must say Jamis Allegro Sport is a wonderful choice. This Best Bike For College comes with different required features like it offers aluminum frame, rack, disc brakes and fender mounts.
- These quality features and powerful cycle parts are really worthy for various applications like reaching class on time or it may be for a quick pizza break.
- The rider’s sitting position of this bike is in the middle and we can often see there are several body parts that are gradually modified including threadless stem and disc brakes.
- According to different rider’s reviews, it is easy to handle the cycle which makes the rider feel fun and sharp.
- Most of the city dwellers preferred this bicycle because you can have a wide-angle Allegro’s handlebar that supports the bike’s flexibility.
- Through these quality features and easy handling materials, you can easily shift your direction and weight.
- It has a lively aluminum frame
- Hybrid Fitness bike
- The aluminum frame is made of 6061 material.
- Looks simple and value for money.
- Weight: 27.2 lbs
- Price: $519
3. Specialized Alibi C Step-Through
If you are looking for a gorgeous fitness bike for women then you must check out Specialized Alibi C. This bike comes with powerful and durable tires that hardly go flat and it also has an anti-rust chain which is pretty much useful for a smooth cycling experience.
Thereby, through this anti-rust chain, there is hardly any requirement for greasy maintenance.
- The tire setup of this bike is solid and Nimbus Airless, you might think that these are sluggish and heavy-footed. However, the powerful aluminum frame is amazingly light and it provides a comfortable and smooth ride.
- It has a mini suspension seat post which can offer about 15 to 20mm travel.
- It comes with a high-quality solid tire and this cycle is designed with a woman’s grips and saddle.
- This cycle delivers a top speed of Shimano Tourney 7-speed along with 42t chainring.
- In terms of comfortable cycling on both flat and uphill surfaces, it has a 14-34t cassette.
- Tires are airless no need of a pump
- Anti-rust chain
- The step-through frame is easily accessible.
- Multipurpose use like for fitness and city.
- Aluminum Material
- Weight: 27.7lbs
- Price: $500
4. Raleigh Redux 2
If you are looking to have a well-balanced and smooth-riding then Raleigh Redux 2 is a great option for you. This bike is quick, compact and it has easy to handle steering. This bike comes with ‘Shimano Acera 1×9 drivetrain’ gears on its low side.
- You can have attractive TRP disc brakes that are easily adjustable but these are a little bit weak to use.
- This bike provides you with a multi-tasking tire that can be run on different surfaces because it has a predictable grip along with fast-rolling technology. This tire is widely known as WTB Horizons.
- If you order this cycle online then you can have all the necessary tools and instruction books for assembling. You can also get an assembled bike from your local Raleigh dealer.
- One more thing you should remember is that this bike has not any racks, fenders, bell, kickstands or lights. However, it allows you to add anything among the above according to your need.
- The weight of the bike is really light because it is made of aluminum materials.
- If you are looking for a simple light-weight top-quality performance bike then it is an ideal option for fitness.
- Design is really attractive as it is a flat-bar city runner.
- Made of Aluminum fork and frame.
- Weight: 25lbs
- Price: $680
- Tire is wide which is good for the streets.
- It has a 9 Speed Drivetrain.
5. State Bicycle Co. The Keansburg
According to our mentioned list, this bike is one of the most fully equipped and multi-purpose used bikes. This bike comes with unique fenders that keep away puddles from sudden splashes.
- This bike offers you a rear rack which is helpful to carry any important books or any groceries items. In fact, it has a front cargo platform that you can use for different aspects.
- This bike facilitates you Shimano Nexus 3-speed internal hub along with powerful coaster brakes which protects us from different sudden problems.
- Apart from the above, it has some flexible instruments which lessen the chances of regular maintenance.
- In terms of lower-speed city riding this cycle is an appropriate one because it has a coaster brake. Moreover, the seats of the bikes are made of solid steel frame and it comes with Kenda tires which makes a rider’s journey smooth and soft.
- It is needless to say this is an all-around stylish and handsome bike that can make your riding smooth.
- This bike comes with a fender and rack
- Maintenance is low
- This bike is made of powerful Steel material.
- Weight: 36.1lbs
- Price: $570
6. State Bicycle CO. Core Line
This is one of the cheapest bikes among our mentioned list whether it is produced from a real bike manufacturing company. In fact, you can easily order this bike online and there you do not need to buy it from any bike shop.
- It provides you with a stylish and bright look as it comes with a modern stylish design. Moreover, you can easily increase the purpose of the bike through racks and fenders.
- You can get the most comfortable riding journey as it provides a bit of a nice user-friendly experience. You do not need to make any changes and you can simply ride this cycle.
- You can easily fix or make it single speed bike
- Weight: 26.5 lbs
- Price: $300
7. Marin Presidio 1
This Best Bike For College comes under the cheapest runner models which are manufactured under the latest editions. This cycle is primarily produced to meet the basic requirements of the urban people.
- It is powered by ‘Shimano Nexus 3-Speed internal gear’, which makes the bike smooth and you do not need to invest maximum maintenance time.
- You will have a top-notch puncture-resistant Vee Go. Baldy tires, which have reflective sidewalls for clear visibility.
- Moreover, this bike is powered by Shimano hydraulic disc brakes, which have excellent quality stopping power. This means it can give you freedom for quick speed cycling while maintaining complete safety and security.
- This cycle has a tall head tube which makes a rider’s position heads-up to make the steering input much more immediate.
- You will feel zippy while paddling between bike lanes and you will have fast drivetrain shifts.
- Low maintenance required
- It has an internal gear hub
- The tires have puncture-resistant quality
- Weight: 27.1 lbs
- Price: $650
8. Civia Lowry Step-Thru 7-Speed
This commuter cycle is solid but light weighted and pretty much simple for college students. It comes with a step-through design and this bike can suit any outfit.
- This bike is made up of an aluminum frame which serves the capability to carry 25-pound weight for a medium size range.
- If your college campus is a little hilly then there is no need to worry because you can have the power of a 7-speed cassette.
- This bike comes with Semi-slick Kenda Kwest tires which can easily roll fast on different surfaces.
- You can have a rearrange of the rack where you can carry sufficient grocery items.
- Apart from all these, this cycle comes with Tektro rim brakes and a round shape kickstand for support.
- It looks classic and comes at an affordable price
- This bike comes in a wide variety of colors (six)
- Step over Frame
- Weight: 25.8 lbs
- Price: $399
9. Haro Beasley 27.5
This bike is designed according to the old fashioned cycle model which you can mostly see 10 years ago. This bike comes under 2” Kenda Kwick 7.5 Sport tires which are mostly wrapped around 27.5 inches.
- It has 32 spoke wheels which make the bike fast on the footpath and it is very grippy to get sendy at any parking lot.
- It comes with a wide-angle handlebar which resembles what you are actually looking for. If you have a passion for mountain biking then this bike would be a good choice as it can be used in a playful nature.
- This bicycle is powered by Acera 8-speed derailleur and Altus Shifter.
- It comes with grippy and fat tires
- Weight: 28.1 lbs
- Price: $580
In the above, we have provided a wide range of Best bikes for college students including complete specifications and features. Hope you have understood and we wish you will definitely be able to choose your favorite bike for college.