Quiet treadmills are an ideal choice for people who want to get a good workout without disturbing the peace. There are a few things to consider when choosing a quiet treadmill, such as the size of the motor and the type of deck. Quiet treadmills usually have a smaller motor, which helps to reduce noise. Additionally, they often have a soft deck, which also helps to reduce noise and vibration. Quiet treadmills can be more expensive than their noisy counterparts, but they are worth the investment if you want to get a good workout without disturbing the peace.
If you’re looking for a quiet treadmill to help you stick to your New Year’s resolutions, we’ve got the perfect list for you. We’ve rounded up the best treadmills that are quiet and will help you get in shape this year. Whether you’re looking for a budget-friendly option or something more high-end, we’ve got you covered. So read on to find out which treadmills are the best for keeping your workouts quiet!
Table of Contents
- 1 Our Top Picks of The Best Quiet Treadmill
- 1.1 In-Depth Review Of The Best Quiet Treadmill
- 1.2 3. NordicTrack T-Series Treadmill
- 1.3 4. Sole Fitness F80 Folding Treadmill
- 1.4 5. Exerpeutic TF1000 Electric Treadmill
- 1.5 6. ProGear BT5000 Foldable Electric Treadmill
- 1.6 7. Horizon Fitness Elite T7-02 Treadmill
- 1.7 Strategies to Reduce Treadmill Noise
- 1.8 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- 1.9 Final Verdict
Our Top Picks of The Best Quiet Treadmill
In-Depth Review Of The Best Quiet Treadmill
List down below are the in-depth review of the best quiet treadmill that you can rely on.
1. Fitness Reality TR1000 Manual Treadmill
|Dimensions||47 x 23 x 51 inches|
|Frame Material||Alloy Steel|
|Manual Incline Levels||6 and 10 degree|
|Belt Size||43” x 13.25”|
|Weight capacity||230 pounds|
Starting the list with a budget-friendly and quiet treadmill from Fitness reality. This is a manual treadmill but it is still one of the best quiet treadmill you can have for your home gym. With the help of twin cast iron flywheels, you can witness a smooth and silent walking experience.
However, this treadmill has an elegant, powder-coated steel frame with broad rails which ensures greater safety, and the robust and durable build can support riders weighing up to 230 pounds. Moreover, you are going to get a lot of features in this treadmill that are worth the money you have spent on this machine. Below we have mentioned all the features of this quiet treadmill.
- Starting with the build of the treadmill, it is made up of a steel frame and has a powder-coated finish which extends the durability of the treadmill. Also, it is designed in a way to provide the user with easy on/off functionality. Moreover, the treadmill can handle a user’s weight capacity of 230 pounds.
- Next, this treadmill offers you two inclination positions that you can adjust according to your needs. You can incline it to 6 degrees and 10 degrees respectively.
- Other than this, it offers you an LCD display so that you can track your workout session and know when to stop. It will help you to keep track of the time, distance, calories, and speed.
- You can also fold the treadmill easily with the help of transportation wheels that come with this product. Moreover, it has a compact size for easy storing and long handles for better gripping.
2. XTERRA Fitness TR150 Folding Treadmill
|Dimensions||63.4 x 28.75 x 51.4 inches|
|Manual Incline Levels||6 and 10 degree|
|Number of Programs||12|
|Weight Capacity||250 pounds|
This is a mid-ranged quiet treadmill that you can use for your home. XTERRA Fitness TR150 treadmill is one of the most user-friendly treadmills that you may come across. The treadmill is designed in a way that it provides the user with both quality and performance. You can easily fold it up and store it wherever you want the treadmill to be.
Moreover, this treadmill will offer you a wide selection of options at an affordable price. In addition, this treadmill will give you all the comfort that you require while working out.
- There is an intuitive 5” LCD display on the treadmill to track all the data while you are working out. You can also keep track of the distance, time, calories, pulse, and speed which will help you to improve your level of workout.
- Also, you will get 12 preset programs that you can change according to your requirements. Moreover, with the help of direct access speed keys, you can easily set the speed and control the speed, which ranges from 0.5 to 10mph
- For the workout session, you can also have an adjustable incline that you will have to adjust manually. There are 3 manual settings that you can choose from. Furthermore, a powerful 2.25 HP motor keeps your treadmill quiet.
- Additionally, the treadmill is fairly solid and conveniently compact, allowing you to store it anywhere while not in use.
3. NordicTrack T-Series Treadmill
|Dimensions||67.5 x 36 x 73 inches|
|Power Source||Corded electric|
|Maximum Incline Percentage||10|
|Size of the Screen||10″|
|Weight capacity||300 pounds|
NordicTrack T Series Treadmill is the overall best quiet treadmill that you can use at your home without worrying about disturbing your neighbours. Moreover, the company is known to provide high-quality products for users. However, you may have to pay a little more for this treadmill but it is worth the price that you are going to pay for it.
Also, it is a space saver and at the same time, it is quiet because of the cushioned belt used in this robust machine. Furthermore, this treadmill can accommodate users up to 300lbs. Now, have a look at all the features of this quiet treadmill.
- When it comes to the frame of this quiet walking treadmill, the frame of this treadmill is made up of steel which makes it quite durable. However, it may weight a bit more but it includes transportation wheels that allow it to be readily moved from one room to another.
- Also, it comes with a 10” interactive HD screen that enables you to keep track of all the data about the workout session. You can even track the date, time, speed, and calories.
- Other than this, it is crafted in a space-saver manner requiring very little room in your apartment. You will also get lift assistance so that you can fold the treadmill easily. Also, it has a responsive motor so that you can have good cardio training.
4. Sole Fitness F80 Folding Treadmill
|Dimensions||85.43 x 37.01 x 17.32 inches|
|Power Source||Corded electric|
|Maximum Incline Percentage||15|
|Size of the Screen||7.5″|
|Weight capacity||375 pounds|
Sole fitness brand is known to provide some high-quality treadmills made up of all durable components. Although it may not be the most affordable treadmill, it is surely a reliable one. This quiet treadmill will help you to have cardio on the treadmill or have a considerable weight loss.
Besides, the treadmill can be used by both beginners and advanced runners. It provides you with all the features and is worth the money that you are going to pay for it. With the help of a cushioned deck, you can have a comfortable run on the treadmill. You can look at the features of this quiet treadmill.
- The F80 treadmill is designed to lessen the stress of your workout on your knees and joints. Also, it offers a 3.5 CHP, DCP type motor and the speed of the treadmill can vary between 0.5 to 12 MPH.
- You will also get a 7.5” LCD display so that you can track all the workout sessions. Also, you will get 6 standard programs and two heart programs for you.
- Other than this, you will get a warranty for the frame, motor, and deck. It has almost a five years warranty on electronics and two years warranty for labor.
5. Exerpeutic TF1000 Electric Treadmill
|Dimensions||63 x 32 x 51.2 inches|
|Maximum Incline Percentage||15|
|Weight capacity||400 pounds|
The next one on the list is the best quiet treadmill for apartments. This treadmill is suitable for almost everyone and can support a weight of 400lbs. Due to the shock absorption technology and cushioned deck, you can burn a lot of calories while maintaining a peaceful training session on this machine.
Other than that, you can easily assemble the machine. Moreover, this quietest treadmill is designed in a way that you can have a complete and comfortable training session. Have a look at all the features of this treadmill below.
- Many changes have been made to the treadmill and one is in the belt. This treadmill has a 20” wide belt with 18” safety handles that helps in increasing the security and safety of the user.
- With the help of speed control buttons, you can adjust the speed of the treadmill according to your needs.
- Also, it is foldable so you can store it anywhere when you are not using it. With the help of transportation wheels, you can move the treadmill from one location to another.
- At last, it is made up of high-quality products and can handle a weight of 400 lbs. This makes it one of the best quiet treadmills.
6. ProGear BT5000 Foldable Electric Treadmill
|Dimensions||62 x 29.5 x 50.5 inches|
|Power Source||Corded Electric|
|Weight capacity||250 pounds|
The ProGear BT5000 Foldable Electric Treadmill is designed with a shelf for your tablet or smartphone, built-in dual stereo speakers, cup holders, and a 5-inch backlit LCD display to put anything you may desire during a run within your reach.
You can even store the workout data for later use. Other than this, you will have access to features like a wider running belt, speed range, pulse sensor, and manual incline. Now, let us get you through all the features of this silent treadmill.
- This treadmill has an extended belt to let the user have extra space for running. Also, there are 12 workout programs available and you can set up 3 workout goals for you to keep yourself motivated.
- Other than this, the treadmill is equipped with a 5” Backlit LCD display so that you can keep track of all the real-time stats. It will also help you to keep track of the time, distance, speed, pulse, and calories burned.
- Also, it has cushioned desk with 8 shock absorbers to help you reduce the impact on the joints of the rider. There is a hand pulse sensor that can help you to keep track of your heart rate.
- With the help of the dual stereo speaker, you can enhance your workout session. Also, there is a USB port available so that you can charge your phone or play the songs as per preference.
7. Horizon Fitness Elite T7-02 Treadmill
|Dimensions||77 x 60 x 36 inches|
|Power Source||Corded Electric|
|Width of the Deck||20-inches|
|Length of the deck||60 inches|
|Weight Capacity||350 lbs|
Isn’t it great to have a fan on the treadmill and keep yourself cool while running on the treadmill? You will get all of it on this treadmill. This silent treadmill will provide you with all the features at a very reasonable price. You will also get a big LCD so that you can keep track of the workout session that you have.
With the help of the Johnson motor, the treadmill is known to be one of the best quiet treadmills. Moreover, you can attain a speed of 12 MPH on this treadmill. This can be a great treadmill for the home if you are ready to pay a bit more price for the treadmill. Have a look at all the features of the treadmill.
- When it comes to the build of this quiet treadmill, it is lightweight and foldable. Also, it is made up of high-quality material which makes it easily portable.
- The treadmill has a responsive motor that can adjust the speed according to your workout session.
- With the help of the three-zone cushioning, you can have a comfortable ride. To keep you motivated and help you customize your workout session, you will also get 42 programming options.
- There is a cool fit personal fan to keep you cool while you are running on the machine.
Strategies to Reduce Treadmill Noise
If you have a treadmill and don’t want it to make any noise, you can attempt a variety of strategies that will assist you to lessen the noise of the treadmill. These strategies will help you reduce noise to a great extent, but if you really want to go silent, you should think of purchasing a quiet treadmill. Thus, you can examine all of the available options for reducing the treadmill noise.
The first step we’ll go through is lubricating the belt of your treadmill. The belt of the treadmill and other moving parts must be lubricated on a regular basis. It’s part of routine maintenance. However, one thing to keep in mind is that the lubricating procedure varies depending on the treadmill you’re using.
Moreover, it is significantly easier to grease a motorized treadmill than it is to lubricate a curved treadmill. Aside from that, it is also dependent on the treadmill’s manufacturer. Lubricating the treadmill will make it operate more smoothly and lessen the sound of the belt while you’re running.
2. Use a matt
When you run on the treadmill, the majority of the noise is produced. The treadmill’s vibrations travel to the floor and subsequently to the walls. As a result, your neighbours can hear you running on the treadmill. However, if you place the mat on the treadmill, you may be able to lessen the sound. Also, the treadmill matt will make it easier for you to reduce the treadmill sounds.
3. Change the running style
One of the reasons for the noise from the treadmill is the placement of your foot. So, to reduce the noise, you may have to change the style in which you run. While running, if you strike the ground with your heel, you can make a lot of noise. But, if you strike the ground with the mid-part of the foot, it is going to make a lot less noise. However, it is surely going to take some time to change the running style, but it is still worth giving a shot. Changing the running style will help you to prevent your knees and joints.
4. Check for bolts
The next thing is to search for any loose bolts or bearings. When you run on your treadmill, the loose nuts and bolts can cause it to produce noise. If your treadmill’s bearings are worn out, you’ll need to replace them. This may not be an easy operation because you will have to disassemble virtually the entire treadmills. If you’re not sure how to accomplish it, you should engage a professional to help you.
5. Change the treadmill location
Now, the location can also play an important part in the noise generated by the treadmill. To reduce the sound from the treadmill, you must consider moving it from one location to another. You should place your treadmill on the ground so that you can reduce the vibration transferring from the treadmill. Also, look for the place where you can place the treadmill. Consider putting the treadmill in the garage where there are concrete floors and brick walls. There are then fewer chances of noise transfer.
6. Change the treadmill belt
In case lubricating the belt is not helping, you can consider changing the belt of the treadmill. You can use a motorized electric treadmill belt if you want to minimize the treadmill sound. If there is a thin belt on the treadmill, it is not going to help you with the reduction of vibrations. You can talk to the manufacturers so that you can get a thicker belt for the treadmill.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. Which is the quietest treadmill?
There are several quietest treadmills available on the market. However, you may go through this extensive article to choose the best one for you. Moreover, our top picks of the quiet treadmill you can rely on are as follows:
- NordicTrack T series
- XTERRA Fitness TR100 Manual Treadmill
- ProGear BT5000 Foldable Electric
- Fitness Reality TR1000 Manual Treadmill
- Sole Fitness F80
- Exerpeutic TF100 Electric Treadmill
- Horizon Fitness Elite T7-02
2. Why is it recommended to put a matt under the treadmill?
It is advised to put a mat beneath the treadmill to eliminate the treadmill noises. Also, it will help you in preventing dust from accumulating under the treadmill and on the motor compartment of the treadmill.
3. Can I put the treadmill upstairs?
Yes, you can place the treadmill upstairs. There is no reason why you should not place it upstairs. It can easily hold the weight of the treadmill and will have no effect on your running.
4. Is it worth buying a cheap treadmill?
The cheap treadmill can be worthwhile to purchase if it has a sturdy frame and a powerful motor. Also, there should be some kind of warranty on the components and the labor. However, you will have to compromise with some features of the treadmill but they are easily portable and usable.
If you live in a shared flat, you’ll have to find a quiet treadmill to avoid disturbing your neighbors while running. You must also analyze the treadmill’s quality as well as the features it provides. Also, you must consider your budget and determine the maximum amount of time you will spend on the treadmill. Even, you may want to opt for a treadmill with TV. As a result, we’ve listed some of the best quiet treadmills for you, taking into account all of the factors. We’ve also listed all of the treadmills’ pros and cons to help you make an informed decision about which treadmill to buy.