Having a good pair of waterproof socks can add comfort to your cycling trip. Wet socks are one of the most discomforting things that happen to you when you are riding a bike. Also, it can be a reason behind infections or blisters. So, to prevent you from all that discomfort, it is good if you go for a good pair of waterproof socks. It may seem easy to find waterproof socks for yourself, but it isn’t. To look for the socks that will keep your feet dry and at the same time let your feet breathe is a tricky one. Here, in this article, we are going to explain to you how you find the best waterproof socks for you. Also, check out this buyer’s guide to know how to choose the best waterproof socks pair for you. Let’s get started.
Table of Contents
- 1 Best Waterproof Socks
- 1.1 1. RANDY SUN Unisex Socks
- 1.2 2. SEALSKINZ Waterproof Sock – Windproof & Breathable
- 1.3 3. SuMade 100% Waterproof Socks
- 1.4 4. Layeba 100% Waterproof Unisex Socks
- 1.5 5. Tanzant Waterproof Socks For Men
- 1.6 6. Dexshell Hytherm Pro Waterproof Socks
- 1.7 7. Bridgedale Unisex Socks
- 2 FAQ’s
- 3 Conclusion
Layers of Waterproof Socks
You would know that waterproof socks are made up of three layers. Below we have mentioned all that you need to know about all three layers of waterproof socks.
1. Outer Layer
The outer layer of the socks is the one that is in contact with the shoes. It is the first layer of defense that means it will protect the feet from any harsh effects of your shoes. The outermost layer is made up of durable material so that it can prevent the socks on all the points where there is a huge amount of friction.
2. Middle Layer
The next layer that you will get is the middle layer. It is the thinnest layer but this is the waterproof layer. It is made thin to provide the required breathability to the socks. This layer will help the sweat to escape from the feet and at the same time, it will prevent the water from entering the socks. Also, it will keep your feet dry from inside and outside.
3. Inner Layer
Now, this is the last layer in the waterproof socks and it is the one that touches your skin. It is made up of material that can soak up the sweat for you. This layer will help the socks to prevent chaffing and also, it is designed in a way to provide comfort to the feet.
Best Waterproof Socks
Now, that you know how waterproof socks are made, here are some of the best waterproof socks available in the market. We have shortlisted all these considering all the factors. Have a look at the list.
1. RANDY SUN Unisex Socks
This is one of the most waterproof socks that most enthusiasts prefer for themselves. You will never have damp feet with these socks and they are designed in a way to ensure the same. These waterproof socks have a three-layer design to keep the foot of the rider warm and dry. Also, these socks have micropores that will help the sweat to escape preventing the water to get into the socks easily. With the help of the reinforced heel, these socks do not chaff easily. They are designed in a way to make them durable and comfortable at the same time. Have a look at all the features of these waterproof socks below.
- The other layer of these socks is made of 61% waterproof Nylon, 32% polyester, and 7% elastane. Also, the internal layer of the socks is made up of a waterproof membrane and the lining is made of Coolmax, polyester, and elastane.
- It is a unisex pair of socks. Any woman, men can use these socks who are looking for durable socks at a very reasonable price.
- Other than this, the socks are available in 4 different sizes and you need to decide based on the foot. You can look for the socks size chart.
- It is very easy to take care of the socks. You can easily handwash the socks and also, you can machine wash them. You just need to remember that you will not have to iron it.
- The soft cushions present in these socks prevents the toe irritation
- They are suitable for use in cold weather keeping the feet warm and dry
- You can decide on which occasion you want to wear these socks
- We find the socks to be a bit bulky
- They are tight. So, it can be difficult for you to wear it and remove it
2. SEALSKINZ Waterproof Sock – Windproof & Breathable
We all know that sealskinz socks are very popular among riders or hikers. In case you want to buy waterproof socks for summers, this sealskinz waterproof sock is worth a try. These socks are designed to provide minimal isolation so that you can use them for warmer weather. It is made up f lightweight wool so that the temperature of the body is regulated and your feet are not sweaty. other than this, the wool has anti-bacterial properties and your feet will be fresh and comfortable for the whole day. Let us take you through all the features of these sealskinz socks below.
- These socks are completely breathable and waterproof. Also, they are windproof.
- They are made up of Merino wool so that they can provide you with moisture control and all the comfort that you need while riding the bike.
- Sealskinz sock also has an added instep and elasticated ankle to add some more degree of comfort to the feet of the user.
- There is a wide range of sizes available for you and also, there are three colors out of which you can choose based on your preferences.
- The outer material of these socks is made up of polypropylene, Nylon, elastane and the inner lining of the socks is made up of wool, acrylic, elastane, nylon, and polyester. They provide the required durability and comfort to waterproof socks.
- With the help of the interior padding, there are fewer chances of the blisters
- It will help you to keep the feet dry even in the ankle-high water
- You get different color options and also, you can wear them for any kind of occasion
- These socks have an elastic ankle so that they remain comfortable for you
- You will have to look for a larger size than the normal size
3. SuMade 100% Waterproof Socks
These are the knee-length waterproof socks available that you can use. They are made up of very breathable material keeping the feet comfortable and fresh throughout the ride. Also, there is a seamless toe that will help you to prevent blisters and prevents the irritation. Have a look at all the features of these waterproof socks here.
- The outer layer of these socks is made up of waterproof nylon, elastane, polyester, and the internal layer of these socks is made 100% waterproof. When it comes to the lining of the socks, it is made of CoolMax, polyester, and elastane.
- Other than this, you are going to get it in different colors and sizes so you can decide according to your preferences.
- Also, there is a drawstring bag available in the socks. You will also get the padded heel and toe in these socks so that you can have the maximum comfort possible.
- For the security of the toe, there is an elastic cuff to keep the sock in place and the Y-heel covers the heel properly so that you can feel a bit more secure.
- It is easy to maintain the socks. They are machine wash or hand wash. But remember not to iron it or dry clean.
- These waterproof socks have knee-length so they will be very suitable to wear in winters
- With this length, you can prevent the water to get into the socks even when you step on to the puddle
- These socks are made up of very comfortable fabric. It is highly breathable
- The anti-bacterial material helps to keep the feet fresh
- They are tight to wear. So, for the people with large calves, it may feel a bit small
4. Layeba 100% Waterproof Unisex Socks
In case you are looking for an affordable pair of waterproof socks, this is the one that you can go for. They are made waterproof and also, they are SGS certified. The anti-bacterial feature of the socks keeps your feet fresh and reduces the bad odor. With the help of three layers, it keeps your feet sweat-free and prevents water from entering the socks. Other than this, in case you have any blisters on the feet, the socks will help you to prevent infections. Let us take you through all the features of the socks below.
- These socks are made 100% waterproof and have three layers. The outer lining of the socks is made up of waterproof nylon, lycra, elastane whereas the internal layer of the socks is made up of a waterproof and breathable membrane.
- The socks have performed well according to the price that you are going to pay for the socks. These socks have a moderate thickness and they provide you with high elasticity.
- Other than this, the length of the sock is very comfortable and you can prevent the feet from water and mud.
- Also, when it comes to the comfort of the rider, they have a cushion sole to keep the feet dry and warm and at the same time, keeping your feet comfortable.
- When it comes to washing, you can easily wash it with the hands and you don’t have to iron or bleach it.
- These socks are comfortable enough to use for a long day or a long ride
- We like how they are made odor repellent keeping your feet fresh all day long
- It will keep your feet warm in the cold weather also
- It is available in different colors and sizes
- You will have to choose the size one smaller than your normal size
5. Tanzant Waterproof Socks For Men
These are the super affordable waterproof socks available in the market. These socks are very effective when it comes to preventing your feet from the water, rashes, blisters, or rashes. They are made with high-quality material to provide you with maximum durability at a reasonable price. Also, they are suitable for doing a lot of water activities and yet keeping the feet dry. Other than this, the heel wrap of the back will prevent the socks to slip down and it has a ribbed design so that the socks can stick in place. Look at all the features of these waterproof socks below.
- The outer layer of the socks is made up of Nylon, polyester, elastodiene fiber, and elastane. There is a very less amount of elastane present in the making of the socks. Other than this, the lining of the waterproof socks is made up of nano copper, polyester.
- It is important that you be careful when you are washing the socks. You will not want to destroy the waterproof membrane. So, we will suggest you go for the hand wash only.
- These waterproof socks are suitable for all kinds of activities like wearing them daily, going out for outdoor sports, and all the activities that you need to take part in in a rough environment.
- Also, the socks are made up of breathable and moisture absorption material and it will help you to reduce the odor.
- Even if you are using the socks in cold weather, it will keep your feet warm
- The material used in the socks is better and softer than normal wool
- You can wear socks for different purposes, be it daily wear or outdoor activities
- They are a bit big size so, we will advise you to order a smaller size than your normal size
6. Dexshell Hytherm Pro Waterproof Socks
These are one of the imported socks or they are made in the USA only. Also, they are mid-calf length waterproof socks that you can get for hiking or cycling. They are one of the mid-range socks that you will get in the market and they are designed in a way to provide the maximum comfort and support to the feet of the rider. Let’s take a look at all the features of these waterproof socks.
- Other than this, it has a porelle membrane that will help the socks to prevent the water from entering the socks. It will keep the socks breathable and prevent the water from entering.
- Also, these waterproof socks are made up of Merino wool so that they can keep the feet warm in all kinds of weather conditions. Also, it will help you to release the body heat when you wear it in not weather.
- To wash these socks, you will have to prefer the hand wash method only or the machine wash method. It is important that you remember not to dry clean it.
- Lastly, it has a seamless construction to provide you with the maximum comfort that you need when you are riding a bike.
- It is made up of anti-bacterial material so that you can wear it for a long time and also, it prevents the odor
- They are very lightweight and yet thick so that you can use them in the cold weather
- These socks are also ideal to wear with hiking shoes because they will help you to prevent the chafing
- It has very breathable material and it is quick-drying as well
- You can not put the socks in the dryer because it can lead to the damaging waterproof membrane
7. Bridgedale Unisex Socks
In case you are looking for mid-ranged waterproof socks, this is the one that you can go for. The brand has emphasized providing comfortable waterproof socks to the rider. It is made up of high-quality material to provide durability to the socks. This sock is designed in a way that you can use it for all kinds of activities. Below we have mentioned the features of these socks in detail.
- The outer layer of these waterproof socks is made up of Nylon and elastane that makes them windproof and durable. These things make it worth the amount that will have to pay for these socks.
- Other than this, with the help of the lycra running with all the courses, it is easy to pull on and off. It ensures that it will not fall or create chaff when you are riding the bike.
- You can use socks for all kinds of activities. It is suitable for walking, hiking, running, biking, or even if you want to use it for daily purposes.
- Next, with the help of Merino wool, the socks are anti-odor and also, the moisture can be managed easily. It depends on the weather you are using the bike in.
- Lastly, the socks can prevent the wind from entering the socks, and also, it will keep the feet of the rider warm in cold conditions.
- The Merino wool used makes the socks odor-resistant so that you can use them for a long period
- It uses the hydro tech waterproof membrane to prevent the water from entering
- The stretch of the socks is commendable
- It may not be easily dried and also, you can not put it into the dryer
- Some users have complaints about the blisters
- It can be a bit costly
1. Are waterproof socks beneficial?
In case you want to keep your feet dry in all kinds of weather, you may start by buying waterproof shoes for yourself. For extra security, you must go for the waterproof socks and they work how you want them to work. It will help you to keep your feet dry.
2. Is it true that all the sealskinz socks waterproof?
Yes, the sealskinz socks use waterproof in the middle layer. It will prevent the water from entering your socks and at the same time, it keeps the feet breathable. The company claims that they are waterproof and there have been no complaints regarding the same.
3. Can I use the swim socks to keep my feet dry?
In case you have some medical emergency, we will not recommend you to use them. But, if your purpose is to protect the wound when you are cycling, or you are going on a hike you can use the swim socks. Also, you can use them when you are sure that the water won’t come on top of your socks.
4. Which is the best waterproof sock?
If you are looking for some reliable and durable waterproof socks, you may go for the Dexsheel Hytherm pro, Sealskinz trekking thick mid-calve socks, or the Randy sun waterproof socks.
While choosing the best waterproof socks for you, you may have to look at the material it is made up of and if it provides you with breathability or not. Considering all the factors that you need to look for when you buy a waterproof sock, we have shortlisted the best ones available in the market.
We will suggest you go for the sealskinz socks in case you are looking for durability and maximum water-resistant socks. The company is known to provide you with some of the best waterproof socks available. Other than that, if you want to go for the affordable one, you may go for the Tanzant waterproof socks. They have performed exceptionally at a reasonable price. Have a look at the whole list and decide the one that you think suits you the most. You can also check the best bike shorts. Hope this article helped.