To help your kid develop some motor skills, you can get them a tricycle. It is believed that cycling can be great to enhance learning skills. Having a tricycle for 3 years old can help your kid build some confidence and independence. Other than this, they are quite balanced and stable. The tricycles are easier to ride and also, and they are available for a wide range of users including kids and adults.
There are different toddler tricycles available in the market and you can choose the best for your kid if you keep some things in your mind. In this article, we are going to talk about tricycles for 3 years old. We have shortlisted some of the best toddler tricycles for you. Read the article till the end to get a tricycle for kids.
Our Top Picks of the Best Tricycle for 3 Years Old
In-Depth Review – Best Tricycle For 3 Years Old
List down below is the in-depth review of the tricycle for 3 year old that you can rely on. Our team has tested a lot of tricycles and considered all the factors to provide you with a fair review. Have a look at the list below.
1. Radio Flyer Red Rider Trike
|Dimensions||22.24 x 26.97 x 21.02 inches|
|Weight capacity||49 pounds|
This is one of the most affordable tricycles for toddlers and you can easily spot your kid from far away because of the great design. This toddler tricycle is made up of a steel frame and has a shiny red color to make the bike stand out from the crowd. You can also adjust the seat according to the height of the kid.
However, this toddler tricycle is suitable for kids up to the age of 5. Moreover, you do not have to worry about buying a new bike every year for the kid. It is said to be last for a long duration. With great comfort and stability, your kid is going to enjoy the ride. To know more about this bike, you can go through all the features outlined below.
- Starting with the build of this toddler tricycle, it is made up of a steel frame. Also, it is designed in a way to provide maximum comfort and fun.
- There is an adult handgrip provided on the back of the seat to make it easy for the parents to handle the bike. It is very lightweight so you can port it anywhere easily.
- Other than this, you can adjust the seat of this toddler tricycle according to the height of your kid. It will be suitable for kids between the ages of 2.5 years to 5 years.
- This tricycle is very affordable and it can handle a weight of 49 lbs. Also, with the quiet wheels, your kid can have a smooth and silent ride.
2. Schwinn Roadster Tricycle for Toddlers
|Color||Available in different colors|
|Dimensions||24 x 14 x 12.5 inches|
The next one is from a famous brand that you can go for. This bike has everything to provide your kid with a great riding experience. This tricycle for 3 years old provides the user with handlebars, bells, and tassels. So, this will surely make your kid a king or queen of your block.
Besides the look, this toddler tricycle provides the best comfort and convenience to the parents. It is made up of heavy-duty material that ensures its durability and stability. To have more insight into this bike, go through all the features of this bicycle or tricycle for 3 year old.
- This tricycle for kids has a heavy-duty build to make it durable. It is designed in a way that is going to last for a long time. Also, you can adjust the seat forward or backward as per the requirement.
- Moreover, the design of this bike is appealing. It has a vintage design. The chrome finish handlebars provide the required vintage look. Tassels and bell work as a feather in the cap.
- You are also going to get a block of wood with a Schwinn logo on the rear deck of the bike. Also, the fenders take you on a fashionable ride.
- You will not have to invest your time in assembling the bike. This tricycle for kids comes with a limited lifetime warranty. So, you do not have to worry about maintenance. Other than this, this tricycle is suitable for toddlers between 2 to 4 years.
3. Little Tikes 4-in-1 Edition
|Color||Available in different colors|
|Weight of bike||18.03 pounds|
|Dimensions||48 x 19.5 x 38 inches|
Well, this bike is a great option for parents who hardly push the tricycle. This tricycle has a lot of features that your kid is going to love in this bike. The sun canopy provides a different feel.
However, you can detach it whenever needed. The adjustable handle for parents can be used to guide your kid until they start learning. Now, have a look at all the features of this tricycle for toddlers below.
- This is a durable bike made up of plastic and metal. With the help of the quiet-ride tires, your kid can have a smooth riding experience. There are non-slip pedals that provide maximum security to the kid while riding the bike.
- You will also get footrests and you can detach them if you want. For more security, this toddle tricycle has a 5-point safety harness bar. The seat of this bike is also adjustable so it can fit almost any kid.
- On the bike, you are going to get an extra-large storage bucket to keep the things on it. Also, the beverage holder can carry water or milk for your kid.
- The push handle controls the bike. You can set them according to the requirements to ensure a proper hold on a toddler bicycle.
4. Joovy Tricycoo 4.1 Kid’s Tricycle
|Dimensions||6 x 10.3 x 4.2 inches|
|Weight capacity||44 pounds|
|Weight of the bike||14.4 pounds|
|Color||Available in two colors|
This bike could be the first bike for your kid. Even, this toddler tricycle can be used by a 10-month-old kid. The bike ensures the kid’s safety. You can harness the kid with removable set enclosures provided on the bike.
Thus, it is the best option for a long-term purpose. Also, adjustable seats offer the required leg space. however, the canopy and cup holder makes it a bit expensive. But, it’s a steal deal for long-term use. Investing in the product makes it worth the money.
- To start with, this toddler tricycle is a 4-stage trike that is suitable for a kid of age 10 months and more. It can handle a weight of 44 pounds. Other than this, it is made up of high-quality material to make this tricycle for kids durable and stable.
- There is also a parent push handle available on the bike that you can adjust and also, remove if you do not want it. The standover height is approximately 14 inches.
- Also, there is a large UVF 20 canopy provided so that you can protect your kid from the sunlight. You will also get a rear basket and a cup holder so that you can carry your things also.
- The seat of this tricycle for kids is adjustable. You can adjust it in 3 positions and also, you can remove the seat pads and shoulder pads and wash them.
5. Smartrike Breeze Toddler Tricycle
|Dimensions||36.6 x 17.7 x 40.2 inches|
|Weight of the bike||13.32 pounds|
This tricycle is not only fun riding but is great looking. We like how the tricycle has all the features that you will get in an expensive tricycle for toddlers. Also, it is going to help your kid in developing his skills from the beginning till your kid starts to ride the tricycle on their own.
Other than this, it is quite affordable and you can get it for under 100 dollars. If a parent wants to control the bike, they can put the feet on the footrest and remove the pedals. Have a look at all the features of this toddler tricycle below.
- This is 3 stage tricycle that you can use for beginners and also, for the kid that can handle a tricycle on their own. It is specially designed in a way to provides a sense of confidence in your kid. Also, the bike can provide full parental control if your kid does not know how to ride.
- There is an adjustable 3-point harness to provide a better degree of safety to your kid. Also, the shock absorber makes sure that your kid has a smooth ride even over the bumpy road.
- To help your kid with a safe and comfortable ride, there is a foldable footrest provided. You can fold them until your kid can not reach the pedals on his own. So, there is no harm to the feet of your kid.
- You will also get a toy basket on the toddler tricycle. Your kid will surely love it and will like to carry his toys to the park or ground. Other than this, the pedals are non-slip to provide extra security.
6. XJD 3-in-1 Kids Tricycles
|Dimensions||13.39 x 12.2 x 7.48 inches|
|Weight of the package||6 pounds|
This is another affordable toddler tricycle that you can consider buying. This tricycle is recommended for kids aged 10 months to 3 years old. Also, this is a 3 in 1 tricycle that you can use at different stages of your kid’s life. Even, you can easily assemble the bike when you want and it will take a couple of minutes to do it.
Also, this tricycle bike is adjustable so you can adjust it as per your kid. Moreover, it is designed in a way that is safe for the kid and provides a lot of features to the users at a very reasonable price. Go through all the features of this toddler tricycle to gain more insight.
- This is a 3 mode bike that will be there with your kid from the beginning till your kid starts pedaling independently. There is a two-wheel balance bike mode to help your 2-3 years kid learn to balance the bike and also, a pedal tricycle mode for the kid to start cycling.
- The handlebar of this tricycle for kids is adjustable. You can adjust it according to the height of your kid and also, from different angles. It will make it easy for your kid to maintain his position.
- When it comes to the build of this toddler tricycle, it is made up of a steel frame. This makes your toddler tricycle a durable and stable tricycle. With the help of the EVA foam wheel, you can maintain the grip. Also, there is a 7.5-inch front wheel available and two 5.5 inches at the rear.
- The seat of the bike is quite adjustable and you can adjust it according to your need. The bike seat can be adjusted for a kid of up to 37.4” baby.
7. Radio Flyer Deluxe Steer and Stroll Trike
|Weight of the bike||14.55 pounds|
|Dimensions||28 x 21.5x 19 inches|
|Color||Available in two colors|
|Weight capacity||49 lbs|
This is one of the most popular tricycles for toddlers available on the list. It is a great choice for your kid because it is designed to provide the required security to your kid and also, comes up with enough amenities to let your child has a good experience on the bike. This tricycle for toddlers is highly adjustable and can fit a lot of kids.
We like how the bike has 2 modes. It is suitable for both parents and kids. This toddler tricycle is suitable for kids aged between 2 to 5 years. Have a look at all the features of this toddler tricycle below.
- To start with, the build of the bike is quite great. This toddler tricycle is made up of a steel frame and has chrome handlebars so that you can have a stable bike. It makes the bike durable and worth your investment in the bike.
- Other than this, the seat of the tricycle can be adjusted easily. You can adjust the seat in three different ways to make sure that your kid is comfortable on the tricycle and is having fun. Also, there is a rear storage bin provided so that your kid can bring his toys to the park.
- This toddler tricycle can be used in two different ways. If you want parental control, you can convert the pedals into the footrest and use the push handle to move the bike. Also, you can remove the push handle if you want your kid to pedal the tricycle.
- The bike has a sturdy design and it can handle a weight of 49 lbs. It is suitable for kids of age 2 to 5 years.
Important Consideration while Purchasing a Tricycle for 3 Years Old
If you are looking for a toddler tricycle for 3 years old, you will have to consider some key features. You need to consider these factors for the safety of your kid. They are fun but you also have to make sure that they are safe and secure for your kid. Below we have mentioned some of the key features that you need to look for in a tricycle for toddlers.
This is one of the very important things that you have to look for in a toddler tricycle. You will have to check the specification of the bike so that you can be sure that your kid will be comfortable on the bike and will fit into it.
We all want a bike that is durable and safe at the same time. So, you need to look for a toddler tricycle that has a sturdy frame and provides enough security for your kids. We will advise you to go for a tricycle made up of a metal frame rather than a plastic one. Other than this, you can look for the material the seats are made up of so that your kid can be comfortable on the tricycle.
We know how important the safety of your kid is important to you. Look for a safe tricycle for your kid. You will have to look for a bike that has no-slip steering and an easy on-and-off system. Other than this, we will advise you to buy a helmet also because it is very necessary. Some people may also want a bar at the back to have control of the bike. You can also find tricycles with push handles. It helps you to control your kid in a better way.
Well, you would know to think that all tricycles are the same, but, they are not. There are different types of toddler tricycles available that you can choose from. You can choose based on the purpose and your kid’s strengths. You can also get a tricycle for adults and there are different available in the market. Have a look at the best adult tricycles. Broadly, we have classified the toddler tricycle into two categories: Big wheel and push tricycles.
So, the first type is the push tricycle. These tricycles have a push handle on the rear of the tricycle so that the parent can take control of the bike. People prefer buying a push handle tricycle when the kid is not ready to pedal or they need a break while riding the bike. These tricycles help you to keep an eye on your kid.
Big wheel tricycle
You can know that by the name of the tricycle. You would have seen a tricycle made up of plastic and has a huge wheel on the front of the bike. This bike is known to provide the required stability to the tricycle and balance it properly.
Now, the next thing that you need to look for in the toddler tricycle is the quality of pedals. If you like a bike and it does not have stable and non-slip pedals, it is not worth buying. You will have to look for bikes that have great pedal power. The pedal power provides a practical cycling experience to the kid.
6. Look for the age reviews
You need a tricycle that is suitable for the age of your kid. So, you will have to look for reviews to make sure that the bike is suitable for your kid. This is a must because you would not want to spend money on a tricycle that does not fit your kid.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. Is it worth buying Bentley trikes?
The company is in the market for a long time and is known to provide customers with some great products. The Bentley trikes are easier to use and they look quite stylish. You surely have to pay a bit more for the trike, but it is surely worth the price that you are going to pay for it.
2. Can I give my three year old a tricycle?
You can give your three-year-old a tricycle but you will have to keep a few things in mind. At first, make sure that your kid is tall enough that he can reach the pedals easily. Also, you may not want to offer these to your child if he is unable to reach the pedals.
3. Can I get my 3-year-old a 12-inch tricycle?
You can get your 3-year old a 12-inch tricycle but, you have to keep in mind the height of the kid. There are chances that if his height is larger than average, you may get him a 14-inch tricycle.
4. Is it bad for toddlers?
Well, they are not bad for toddlers. However, it is crucial to keep in mind that you have a bike that is appropriate for your kid. If you get a bike that does not fit your child, he or she will quickly lose interest in the tricycle, and it may also affect his or her posture.
So, finding a safe and stable tricycle for your kid should be your priority. You will have to get a tricycle according to the height and size of your kid. It should be fun for your kid and they should love learning how to ride. Furthermore, we have mentioned all the toddler tricycles for you that are worth buying. Go through all the best tricycles for toddlers and choose the best one for your child.